I know there are many tips online for how to save money on big ticket items. After reading articles on when to purchase plane tickets to secure the lowest fare, I decided to research the best time to buy home appliances. If there is a bargain to be found, I will find it! In an article by Houselogic, I found my answers…
When it comes to landing bargains on major appliances, timing is everything. And the best time to buy home appliances is when stores need you more than you need a new home appliance:
- September, October, and January when manufacturers roll out new home appliance models, and retailers are eager to move last year’s inventory. (Refrigerators are the exception. New models come out in the spring.)
- Last days of the month when stores are desperate to meet quotas and are more likely to dicker over prices.
- Thursday, the day before the weekend rush when aisles are less crowded.
- Major holidays — Labor Day, Memorial Day, President’s Day, Black Thursday (Friday, Saturday) — when stores take advantage of your day off and slash prices.
- Fall and winter are the best seasons to buy air conditioners and gas grills, because few buyers think about warm-weather appliances when leaves and snow cover the ground.