I couldn’t be more excited about the Sherwin-Williams 2015 Color of the Year. The winner is Coral Reef (SW 6606). According to Sherwin-Williams, Coral Reef is “the perfect mélange of pink, orange and red… reminiscent of vintage floral patterns and inspired by the trend for green urban spaces.” This color is uplifting, upbeat, and optimistic.
“Coral Reef embodies a cheerful approach to design that we’re seeing for the coming year. Its unexpected versatility brings life to a range of design aesthetics, whether traditional, vintage, cottage or contemporary,” explains Jackie Jordan, Sherwin-Williams director of color marketing.
Coral Reef is my absolute favorite color. It is bright, beautiful, and can be mixed with many colors that either energize or relax it.
Here are some ideas for how to incorporate this color into your home:
- Use it as an accent color for a wall or front door.
- Upholster a piece of furniture with coral reef to provide a pop of color in the room.
- Pair it with wood and metal finishes to bring out its flower like hue.
- Pair Coral Reef with Cotton White (SW 7104), Black Fox (SW 7020) or other floral tones and opulent greens.
- Relax this bold color by pairing it with warm neutrals such as Sedate Gray (SW 6169) or buttery yellows like Hubbard Squash (SW 0044).
- For vintage quality, Coral Reef and aged matte brass make a perfect pair!
If you are looking for a new home in North County San Diego, or are thinking about selling, please check out my comprehensive website. I can be reached at 760.390.6330 or via email at Janai@North-County-Homes.com. In the meantime, follow me on Facebook! I look forward to hearing your opinion about the 2015 Color of the Year!